It usually takes about 15 minutes to complete the form.
How we prioritize repairs
We prioritize customers with the largest leaks or those who are without water due to a leak. For smaller leaks, like a faucet drip, we have wait times of up to one year or longer. If you apply, we will keep you on our waitlist and contact you when we are ready to make repairs.
We are not able to reimburse for repairs made outside of the program.
Customers must meet all of the following criteria to qualify for the program:
- Your property must be a single-family home with an active City of Portland drinking water account.
- You must own your home.
- You must live at the property and be directly responsible for paying the sewer, stormwater, and water bill.
- You must be enrolled in the City's financial assistance program. (You can apply to get help with your leak first, but you'll need to be enrolled in the financial assistance program before we can approve your water leak repair application.)
Leaks we can usually repair:
- Faucets (Kitchen, bathroom, bath)
- Shower/tub spout
- Outdoor spigot
- Leak in wall pipes
- Underground pipe leak
- Inefficient clothes washer
Leaks we cannot repair:
- Drain leaks
- Any sewer-related leak
- Leaking roofs
- Irrigation system
- Water heaters (some water heater leaks may be eligible for repair)
If you need a paper application, you can print out the application below.
Other ways to get help with your repair
We know having a water leak is stressful! Visit our home repair resources page for a list of other organizations that may be able to help. If you find and fix your leak on your own, contact our customer service team to ask about requesting a bill adjustment.