We need your community organization to help us provide money-saving leak repairs for families who need them most.
For more than twenty years, the Portland Water Bureau has partnered with Multnomah County to offer free water leak repair services to income-qualified homeowners. Leaks can be hard to manage, especially when finances are tight. This spring, Portland City Council reauthorized the water leak repair program and increased funding to serve even more vulnerable Portlanders. To meet growing need for this program, we are seeking community partners to serve as water leak repair coordinators. Your organization might be a great candidate for this grant if you have:
- Experience with coordinating plumbing/home repair contractors or have plumbers on staff;
- A history of cultural responsiveness, a track record of helping address inequities in housing and focusing services on communities of color;
- Capacity to take on new projects.
Grant funding up to $165,000 is available starting July 1st, 2020.
- Application opens: June 18, 2020
- Proposals due: July 9, 2020
- Anticipated notice of awards: July 20, 2020
- Anticipated start date for contract: September 2020
Learn more and apply.
The application packet can be downloaded here:
Email completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 PM on July 7, 2020.
There is no formal interest session scheduled, but questions are welcome:
Get free leak repair.
Water leaks can quickly become costly. When leaks are fixed and inefficient plumbing fixtures are replaced, it’s easier for customers to manage their sewer/stormwater/water bill and potentially avoid home displacement. Customers with water leaks can apply for leak repair assistance online at or by calling 503-823-4527. This program is one part of the bureau’s suite of financial assistance programs.