- Your tap water is safe to drink.
- The call center is temporarily closed.
- The Walk-in Center (664 N. Tillamook Street) is temporarily closed
How to contact us:
- 24-hour automated line : 503-823-7770:
- Press 1 to make a payment.
- Press 2 to restore service if your water was disconnected for nonpayment. See more information below.
- Press 3 for after-hour water emergencies.
- Email: PWBCustomerService@portlandoregon.gov
- Make a payment online
- For water emergencies: 503-823-4874 (24-hour Emergency Dispatch Hotline)
- For questions about water quality:
Water Quality Line: 503-823-7525 (8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday – Friday. Interpretation available.)
- Your drinking water is safe from Coronavirus.
- The Portland Water Bureau uses chlorine disinfection to meet the EPA and OHA requirements for the treatment of viruses such as COVID-19.
- Our drinking water is regularly tested throughout the drinking water system to make sure the water remains safe.
The Portland Water Bureau will not disconnect customers' water service due to billing/payment issues during this health emergency and will not charge late fees. Customers will continue to be responsible for sewer/stormwater/water charges due now and accrued during this time.
If your water service was disconnected for non-payment and you are contacting us to request your water service be restored, please do so during business hours at 503-823-4874.
M&C COVID 19 Response Staffing
Maintenance & Construction is rotating skeleton crews on an adjusted schedule to respond to all system events during business hours as well as to respond to utility locate requests in compliance with Oregon Dig Laws. We maintain 24 hour Urgent Responders on duty, with crews fit for duty to respond to system issues during non-business hours as well, and a number of personnel teleworking who can activate for additional response as needed.
- Our priority is to ensure that all customers have water and prevent damage to public and private property. All other priorities are secondary.
- We are limiting our personnel to no more than two employees in a vehicle.
- Maintaining social distancing on job sites.