The Water Bureau replaced 4,001 feet (nearly a mile) of Cully neighborhood water pipes with more earthquake-resistant pipes.
The project also included:
Installing 5 fire hydrants and
Renewing 91 water service connections to nearby homes and businesses.
Water main installation involves cutting the road surface the length and width of the pipe trench, excavating the trench, replacing old pipe or installing new pipe, filling the trench, and restoring the road surface.
- NE 48th Avenue from Roselawn Street to Killingsworth Street
- NE 49th Avenue from Alberta Street to Killingsworth Street
- NE Sumner Street from 57th Avenue to 60th Avenue
- NE Roselawn Street from 62nd Avenue to Cully Boulevard
The pipe in the area was in poor condition. Since 2010, there had been more than ten breaks and leaks in the area.
Monday through Friday between 7 a.m. and 6 p.m.
What's Happening Now?
Traffic Impacts: NE Killingsworth Street, NE Alberta Street and NE Roselawn Street near NE 48th and 49th Avenues.
Our work on this project is nearly complete. Crews are paving sections of road where we dug to replace the water mains. A few notes at this point:
- Keep an eye out for lane closures on Alberta and Killingsworth while crews pave the street.
- The bus stop at NE 49th Avenue and Killingsworth Street is affected, and others may be as well. Check Trimet for service alerts.
- Allow extra time when traveling through the area.
- Follow all signs and flagger directions to keep everyone safe.