When is a root pruning permit required?
- Street trees: A permit is required to prune roots greater than or equal to 1/4 inch at attachment on any tree in the City right-of-way, which is typically between the curb and sidewalk.
- Private trees: No permit is required to root prune a tree on private property.
Gather the Relevant Information
Make sure to read the Street Tree Root Pruning Permit FAQs
Have the following information available:
- The address of the site
- The location of the trees on the site (i.e. if it is a corner lot, name the street where the trees are for inspection)
- The number of trees you request an inspection for
- The sidewalk permit affidavit number
- Your name, phone number, and relationship to the property (i.e. if you are a contractor or the property owner, etc.)
Follow the link to Development Hub
* You will need to create an account or log-in to use the online system
Instructions for navigating the Development Hub ( DevHub) application: