You can use Portlandmaps.com to check a permit status using either an address, Interactive Voice Response (IVR) number, or an application number. Please give us a call at Urban Forestry if you have any questions.
Using Portlandmaps.com to Check a Permit Status
- Go to the Bureau of Development Services Permit/Case Search website at https://www.portlandmaps.com/advanced/?action=permits
- Type in any of the following to find your permit:
- IVR (Interactive Voice Response) number
- example #: 7654321
- Application number
- example #: 2020 - 654321 - 000 - 00 UF / enter as "20 - 654321"
- Click "Submit"
- Click on the applicable permit/case number
- The permit status is listed under "Status"
Common Urban Forestry Statuses
|Application||Application received, pending processing and/or inspection.||Open|
|Waiting on Customer||Application incomplete or information needed from applicant to continue processing.|
|Approved Pending Public Notice||Permit request is tentatively approved, waiting on public notice period to close.||Open|
|Under Appeal||Decision is being appealed by the applicant or member of the public.||Open|
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Urban Forestry at 503-823-TREE (8733) between the hours of 7:00am-3:30pm Monday-Friday. Select Option #5 to leave a message for a call back.
Permit applicants will receive an email notice with an estimated permit decision timeframe when application processing begins. For notices and updates that may impact service. please see News and Alerts.