Urban Forestry gives away trees for planting on private property throughout Portland. Learn more about getting your free yard trees!
Trees provide essential services for all Portlanders. Planting trees in yards keeps us and our homes cool during the hottest months and helps collect storm water during the winter. They also clean the air, buffer noise, reduce crime and improve our health. On top of all of this, they provide year-round beauty.
- Limit of two trees per address
- Trees must be planted within City of Portland corporate boundaries
- Trees are for planting on private property
- Trees are not to be used for planting permit requirements
Have questions? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 503-823-4963.
The Learning Landscapes program empowers students to plant trees at their school, supported by a professional urban forestry team. Students connect to their school and community by working together to improve and green their school grounds during a fun, outdoor educational experience. As trees grow, they provide environmental and aesthetic benefits to the school for decades. Trees also serve as a living, learning landscape for educators to teach science, math, and more.
Learning Landscapes trees come with a three-year commitment.
Urban Forestry commits to:
- Work with the school to create a planting plan based on school needs
- Provide all trees and supplies
- Organize volunteers and work with the students to properly plant the trees
- Provide three years of maintenance for every tree planted, including watering, mulching, and weeding
- Provide a classroom component on trees ahead of the planting day
Learn more and apply for a tree planting at your school here. For questions, contact Molly Wilson at email@example.com or at 503-823-4963.
Friends of Trees works with volunteers to plant trees at low cost to homeowners. Friends of Trees plants trees in your planting strip or your yard.
Request an inspection to find out if your multi-family, commercial, or industrial property is eligible to receive free trees. "Street trees" are trees planted in the public right-of-way, usually in the strip between a sidewalk and the street.
Contact the Environmental Services Tree Program at firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-823-2255.
Get a one-time credit on your City of Portland sewer/stormwater/water utility bill for planting a tree in your residential yard.
Purchase, plant, and apply between September 1 and April 30.
Small investment, big returns. Trees help keep rivers clean and people healthy. Environmental Services is investing with you in a cleaner, healthier Portland, one tree at a time.
For more information about Treebate, email email@example.com call 503-823-7640.