Get Free Trees For Your Yard!
Registration for the 2022 Yard Tree Giveaway is Open
- Trees must be planted on private property inside Portland city limits.
- Limit 2 free trees per address.
- Trees may not be used to fulfill the requirements of a permit.
¡Obtenga árboles para su patio sin costo!
¡La inscripción está abierta!
Estamos regalando 2,000 árboles este otoño. Habrá hasta 21 especies de que escoger.
Este año, reciba su árbol en uno de nuestros seis eventos de recogida.
Haga clic aquí para registrarse en linea
Llama al 503-207-3505 si necesita ayuda registrándose
Ofrecemos la entrega e instalación para personas que necesitan ayuda.
Recuerdo de elegibilidad :
- Es obligatorio que los árboles sean planteados en propiedad privada dentro de los límites de la Ciudad de Portland.
- Hay un límite de 2 árboles gratuitos por hogar.
- Está prohibido usar los árboles para cumplir los requisitos de un permiso.
Trees provide essential services for all Portlanders. Planting trees in yards keeps us and our homes cool during the hottest months and helps collect stormwater during the winter. They also clean the air, buffer noise, reduce crime and improve our mental and physical health. On top of all of this, they provide year-round beauty.
- Trees must be planted within City of Portland corporate boundaries
- Limit of two trees per household
- Trees are for planting on private property in front, side, or back yards (trees may not be planted in containers or in the sidewalk as street trees)
- Trees are not to be used for planting permit requirements
Available Trees and Species Lists
We offer a variety of trees ranging from medium to large in size and include native, conifer, evergreen, and deciduous species. All trees should fit in a car/truck or make a nice companion on the bus! When choosing a species, please consider the available space in your yard for roots and branches as well as how much sun your yard gets each day.
Click below to see the full list of trees available at Yard Tree Giveaway. Translated versions for 2022 coming soon.
Yard trees should be planted a minimum of 10 feet from any side of your house, two feet from property lines or five feet from a driveway or water meter. For advice on where in your yard to plant your tree, check out Right Tree, Right Place from the Arbor Day Foundation.
Planting and Care
We’ll send you home with a free watering bucket filled with mulch and educational materials to show you how to properly plant and care for your tree. You can view and print the information on how to plant and care for your tree here:
Free Planting and Delivery for People Who Need an Accommodation
Portland Parks & Recreation Urban Forestry will provide yard tree delivery and planting for Portlanders with limited mobility or need an accommodation. Let us know how we can help.
Are you interested in getting the word out about free yard trees in your neighborhood?
Do you have a large parking lot that could be used for an event location?
Do you have a group wanting to volunteer at one of our events?
Contact Molly Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-823-4963.