Urban Forestry Plants Trees at Schools for Free?
An Urban Forestry representative provides a short lesson about trees before the planting event.
The program is FREE to all schools. Both public or private schools within city limits are eligible to apply.
Having trees in schools has proven physical and mental health benefits for students. Trees bring cleaner air, cool playgrounds, and better mental focus to students.
Planting Season Learning Landscapes Metrics
- Planted trees at nine sites throughout Portland including two non-school sites.
- Planted over 100 trees in Portland area schools.
- Engaged 300 students in a unique opportunity to plant trees at their school.
- Invested over $200,000 through school plantings in communities throughout Portland.
Support Learning Landscapes
Although we accomplished a lot this season, we still need help finding school sites that would like to take part in the program is important.
- Ask parents at your school if they would like to see more trees planted on campus.
- Share your findings with school administrators and teachers:
- Let school staff know you and other parents want more trees on campus.
- Remind them that the trees are free and that they receive maintenance for three years
- Direct them to the Learning Landscapes page to have them apply.
Together, we can create more green spaces for our children to learn, grow, and play!