The Transportation Wallet for Residents of Affordable Housing is a program managed by the Portland Bureau of Transportation (PBOT) in partnership with selected affordable housing sites to offer a package of FREE transportation options, like transit passes, bike or scooter-share ride credit, and rideshare (Uber/ Lyft) or taxi ride credit.
In 2021 PBOT is partnering with 8 community organizations to provide a package of transportation options incentives, known as the Transportation Wallet, for up to 500 residents/ households in the participating housing developments.
Want to see what is included in the 2021 Transportation Wallet for Affordable Housing, click here.
- Deliver 500 Transportation Wallets to our partner affordable housing sites.
- Reduce the barriers to using transportation options, like cost, technology access, credit/debit card requirements, and low-income verification processes for different providers.
- Allow residents to access transportation and have the flexibility to use how much of the transportation options that fit their needs .
- ProvideResources to services and community events.
- Communicate climate and equity benefits of transit and bike improvements in the City and promote investments in economic, physical, and community health.