The form will take 5-10 minutes to complete.
The Golden Transportation Wallet is a collection of passes and credits for use on transit, streetcar, bike-share and scooters. It is offered for free to residents and employees in the Northwest and Central Eastside Parking Districts who qualify for TriMet's Fare Assistance Program, which is less than double the federal poverty level.
The 2021 Golden Transportation Wallet comes with:
- TriMet Hop card: either $100 (Northwest) or $200 (Central Eastside)
- Annual Portland Streetcar Pass
- $99 Biketown credit
- $30 scooter credit
Plus get access to 50% or more off of fares because you qualify based on income.
Check your eligibility
The address you provide must fall within the Northwest or Central Eastside Parking District boundaries. We will mail your package to this address, with the exception of people currently working from home. Check your eligibility using the address look-up finder below (optional).
Get your Low Income TriMet Hop card
In order to receive a Golden Transportation Wallet, you must already have a Low Income Honored Citizen Photo ID TriMet Hop card. The exception is for people who qualify for TriMet's Honored Citizen transit fare and also live on a low income. We can issue you an Honored Citizen Hop card instead.
Apply for a Golden Transportation Wallet
Be ready with these things before signing up:
- Your Low Income Honored Citizen Photo ID TriMet Hop card number (unless you qualify based on age (65+) and/or ability, plus income)
- Your mailing address in one of the parking districts (Northwest or Central Eastside)
- The name and contact of someone who can verify your residence and/or employment in one of the parking districts
Golden Transportation Wallet sign-up