The Portland Bureau of Transportation (PBOT) regulates many transportation options that are technology based, sometimes known as "shared" vehicles. This includes options for carpooling, car-sharing, as well as bike-share and shared e-scooters.
On this page
The options for transportation are constantly evolving. With emerging services like bike, car, and e-scooter share, you are able to use a variety of transportation options without having to own the vehicle yourself. The versatility and flexibility of these services make them ideal for mixing and matching to help you get where you need to go.
Bike and e-scooter sharing
- BIKETOWN - Shared bikes available within service area on first come basis.
- E-scooters - Variety of companies providing shared e-scooters, pricing and service areas vary by company.
- Get There - Statewide tool for finding and posting carpools and vanpools near you.
- Free2 Move - Rent a car by the minute, hour or day, leave it anywhere in the service area.
- Getaround - Rent cars by the hour or day.
- Turo - Book a car or list your own for others to use.
- Zipcar - Book cars for round trips by the hour or by the day, membership options also available.
- Taxis - The original ride-hailing service; click for a list of Portland's cab companies.
- Lyft - App based service for requesting rides from point to point, either solo or shared rides.
- Uber - App based service for requesting rides from point to point, either solo or shared rides.
- PDX WAV - Reliable, safe vehicle-for-hire services accessible to people using mobility devices.