Thank you for being sweet on the street!
You’re making our school a sweeter place every time you:
- Organize groups to walk, bike, or roll to school together
- Stop for crossing guards, safety patrols, and school buses
- Watch for families crossing the street
- Drive at or below the speed limit
- Park a couple blocks away and walk the rest of the way to school
- Avoid U-turns on streets near schools
- Turn your key and be idle free
- Never pass school buses and vehicles stopped at crosswalks
Spread the love in your school community
We’re inviting school communities across Portland to share the love and thank one another for being sweet on the street on Wednesday, Feb. 14 at morning drop-off!
We’re encouraging your school community to print our two-sided custom-made, mini–Valentine’s Day-inspired cards on regular or color paper and share with students, parents, caregivers, educators, and neighbors at morning drop-off.
It’s just another way we can offer gratitude for and encourage safe travel behaviors.
Why? Because we know that making safer travel decisions aren’t always easy, but they are always sweet. ❤
It’s up to all of us to make our streets safe!