Sitio web de la versión de Spanish disponible. Ver enlace a continuación.
STEP 1: Get inspired!
See the fun ways your fellow Portlanders Get Outside to Get Going
STEP 2: Choose your summer adventure
From scavenger hunts to scenic routes to street plazas, there's no way you'll be bored this summer. Grab your friends and get out to enjoy these great opportunities!
- Play the Go by Greenways - NW Gems scavenger hunt: Explore the new NW Flanders Neighborhood Greenway and Flanders Crossing, our newest bike and pedestrian bridge, while hunting for hidden "gems" all over Northwest. Find them all by July 6 to win prizes!
- Support our local businesses: You can be here for Portland when you shop, eat, play, and stay. Learn more about our unique business districts, pledge to #shoplocal, grab a bite to eat at a Healthy Business Plaza, and connect with small shops at Here for Portland.
- Hang out with friends at a public street plaza: We're setting aside street space for gathering, playing and chowing down without the need to make a purchase from a private business. All are welcome! Check out the latest list of Portland Public Plazas and check back regularly--we're adding more all the time!
- Take your kids to a park for a free lunch and fun activities: Brought to you by Portland Parks and Recreation, Summer Free For All is a great way to spend an afternoon while kids are on summer break.
- Check out a 2021 Sunday Parkways Presented by Kaiser Permanente route: This old favorite is BACK--this year, you can choose your own adventure, enjoy great digital programming, or hunt for stickers along exciting neighborhood routes. The opportunities are endless!
- Let the journey be your destination: Pick a pre-planned biking route or walking route and explore a new part of the city! The routes are all loops using low-traffic streets, neighborhood greenways, off-street paths, and bike lanes.
- Mark your calendars for upcoming community events and festivals: With so much going on, you might have to pace yourself! Get the latest info on what's on from PDX Pipeline.
STEP 3: Plan your trip
Know where you want to go? Now figure out how to get there by walking, rolling or riding!
- Go by foot: Learn the benefits of walking, how to navigate Portland streets and tips for staying safe.
- Go by bike: Learn the best bike routes, rules of the road, and tips for a great ride.
- Go by transit: Learn how to take the bus, MAX Light Rail, Portland Streetcar, Portland Aerial Tram.
- Plan a trip by transit using TriMet's trip planner
- Go by Neighborhood Greenway: Learn about our citywide network of calm, slow streets great for walking, rolling and biking
- Go by BIKETOWN, e-scooter or carshare: Learn the companies and types of vehicle sharing available for your use.
Map your route!
Explore our free bike and walk maps for all the best routes and up to date information.
The digital bike map shows bike shops, biking options such as neighborhood greenways and protected bike lanes, as well as difficult intersections and connections.
Neighborhood maps feature pedestrian paths, transit stops, libraries, parks and other community resources.
Printed transportation resources
Request printed transportation resources including walk and bike maps, biking and walking guides, and safety information.
STEP 4: Feel great about how you're showing up for your community and the planet
More than 40% of our local carbon emissions come from transportation, and those emissions are on the rise. To address the climate crisis, we need to reduce the amount we all drive--and that means getting outside and enjoying our great walking, biking and transit infrastructure whenever we can. The choices we make add up and make a huge difference for our community and our planet.
The great news? By choosing to use active modes of transportation or ride public transit whenever you can, you're not just helping the planet. You're helping keep our roads calm and safe, helping make our air healthier, and helping your physical and mental health, too. It's a win, win, win, win!
Want to learn more about how to be a transportation climate champion?
- Calculate your household's carbon footprint
- Read more about what it will take to reduce our transportation emissions from Climate Solutions
- Learn about Portland's role in the American Cities Climate Challenge
STEP 5: Share your thoughts with us for a chance to win $100!
Now that you're ready to Get Outside to Get Going (or maybe you already have!), we want to hear from you! Your feedback helps us improve our programs and better serve Portlanders.
Complete this short, 5-minute survey and you can enter to win a $100 Visa pre-paid gift card! We’ll draw one winner a month. We encourage you to come back and take the survey each month for another chance to win!