Traffic Safety: Train the Trainer
Bring Traffic Safety Education to your students through a health or physical education setting! Safe Routes to School staff will provide free Train the Trainer education to get you started and feeling confident with skills and information.
How it works:
Safe Routes to School staff provide initial training to teachers, then offer in-class support as teachers begin instructing students. Staff are available to observe teachers in class, offer feedback, and help respond to questions.
Everything you need to teach bike handling skills and road safety awareness in a classroom and outdoor setting.
- A fleet of bikes and helmets are available for use during the program. Availability may vary as the bikes rotate between schools across Portland.
- Original lessons were intended for middle school-aged students.
- Lessons are paired with Oregon Department of Education's Core Physical Education Standards.
Two interactive multi-day units covering:
- health and community benefits of active transportation
- Oregon traffic safety laws
- how to ride transit
- assertive communication in public spaces.
Original lessons intended for middle school-aged students, and are paired with Oregon Department of Education's Core Health Standards and Performance Indicators.
Feel confident leading rides for small and large groups. A great option for schools wanting to coordinate family rides, but aren't quite ready to offer Bike Safety Education programming.
For more information, please reach out to us at email@example.com.