The Portland Bureau of Transportation's (PBOT) Northwest in Motion Plan represents over two years of analysis, community outreach, and problem-solving to improve walking, biking, and public transit in the Northwest District and surrounding area. Full report, overview, sign up for email updates.
Download the report here:
The Northwest in Motion Plan is now available and ready to send to City Council for adoption! This is the culmination of over two years of data-driven analysis, community outreach, and collaborative problem-solving to develop a near-term implementation plan to improve walking, biking, and public transit in the Northwest District and surrounding area.
Highlights of the plan include:
- 5 near-term Neighborhood Greenway upgrade and expansion projects
- 5 near-term Corridor Improvement projects focused on pedestrian safety and transit reliability
- 7 longer-term neighborhood greenway and corridor improvement projects
- 10 ongoing area-wide programs to address other community-identified needs
- Recommended updates to street classifications to support the plan
- An implementation and funding strategy clearly laying out a path forward for these projects and programs
Portland City Council will consider a resolution adopting Northwest in Motion at a public hearing at 2 p.m. on Thursday, July 23.
To submit written public testimony in advance of the hearing, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To continue to reach the project team with comments and questions, email NWinMotion@portlandoregon.gov