The Portland Bureau of Transportation's (PBOT) Northwest in Motion Plan represents over two years of analysis, community outreach, and problem-solving to improve walking, biking, and public transit in the Northwest District and surrounding area.
The Northwest in Motion Plan is was adopted by City Council on October 8th, 2020!
This is the culmination of over two years of data-driven analysis, community outreach, and collaborative problem-solving to develop a near-term implementation plan to improve walking, biking, and public transit in the Northwest District and surrounding area.
Download the report here:
Highlights of the plan include:
- 5 near-term Neighborhood Greenway upgrade and expansion projects
- 5 near-term Corridor Improvement projects focused on pedestrian safety and transit reliability
- 7 longer-term neighborhood greenway and corridor improvement projects
- 10 ongoing area-wide programs to address other community-identified needs
- Recommended updates to street classifications to support the plan
- An implementation and funding strategy clearly laying out a path forward for these projects and programs