Federally funded repairs on 82nd Avenue must be completed by 2026. To meet this deadline, PBOT will rely on insights from previous planning efforts to deliver the most immediate Critical Fixes.
Many of the upcoming projects along 82nd Avenue are federally funded by the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA). Because of this, PBOT faces a tight timeline to deliver repairs along 82nd Avenue. All of the near-term Critical Fixes must be constructed by the end 2026 to comply with federal requirements.
Click here to learn about the Critical Fixes
To meet the 2026 construction deadline, PBOT will rely on insights from the extensive community engagement the bureau and other agencies conducted over the past 10 years, including:
- Bureau of Planning & Sustainability 82nd Avenue Corridor Study (1980)
- PBOT 82nd Avenue Roses High Crash Corridor Safety Plan (2008)
- Jade District Visioning Plan (2014)
- Portland City Council Town Hall Visioning Forum on 82nd Ave
- ODOT Avenue of Roses Implementation Plan (2018)
- PBOT 82nd Avenue Plan (2019)
- Connected Centers Plan (2019)
- Metro’s Get Moving Regional Funding Measure (2020)
- Grassroots efforts of groups including the 82nd Avenue Improvement Coalition