Civic Corridor Investment Strategy
In-person District Workshops - Summer 2023
PBOT, Metro, TriMet and community partners, will be hosting three District Workshops this summer focused on three different segments of 82nd Avenue: North, Center, and South.
These workshops will dive deeper into the transportation issues and opportunities along 82nd Avenue. Participants will have the opportunity to circulate to a variety of stations and to learn more about ideas to improve the environment for walking, transit, biking, street trees, and safety in general along 82nd Avenue. Please drop in to the workshops to learn more and provide your input on project ideas for the Civic Corridor Investment Strategy.
All three workshops will be in-person and open to the public. Translation services and refreshments will be provided. Attendees can come and go as they please, so whether you come for ten minutes or stay the whole two hours, we hope to see you there!
Tuesday, June 27, 5-7 p.m. | 82nd Avenue North District Workshop at McDaniel High School
Thursday, July 20, 5-7 p.m. | 82nd Avenue Center District Workshop tentatively at the Asian Pacific American Network of Oregon (APANO)
Saturday, July 29, 11 a.m.-1 p.m. | 82nd Avenue South District Workshop at Collective Oregon Eateries (CORE)
Critical Fixes: Near-term safety and maintenance improvements
Critical Fixes: Signing upgrades underway
Contractors with the Portland Bureau of Transportation (PBOT) continue with sign upgrades this week as part of the 82nd Avenue Critical Fixes: Signing and Striping Project. Work is expected to continue through June.
What improvements are coming in the near-term to 82nd Avenue?
Explore all the 82nd Avenue Critical Fixes projects in our new online interactive map. The map shows near-term projects that will be constructed between 2023 and 2026.
- Saturday, June 24, 10:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. | Join SOLVE for one of 15 clean-up events along 82nd Avenue.
- Tuesday, June 27, 5:00-7:00 p.m. | Building a Better 82nd North District Workshop at McDaniel High School
- Tuesday, June 27, 7:30-9:00 p.m. | Building a Better 82nd presentation at Powellhurst-Gilbert Neighborhood Association meeting.
- Thursday, July 20, 5:00-7:00 p.m. | Building a Better 82nd Center District Workshop tentatively at APANO
- Thursday, July 27, 4:00-6:00 p.m. | 82nd Avenue Transit Project Steering Committee Meeting #6 online via Zoom.
- Saturday, July 29, 11:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. | Building a Better 82nd South District Workshop at CORE