Civic Corridor Investment Strategy
In coordination with Metro and TriMet, PBOT has launched its second Building a Better 82nd online open house. Visit the online open house to:
- Learn about and provide input on proposed transit improvements for 82nd Avenue
- Learn about PBOT’s Building a Better 82nd near-term construction projects
- Provide input on transportation priorities to help inform PBOT’s approach for longer-term projects for 82nd Avenue
Critical Fixes: Near-term Safety & Maintenance Improvements
Critical Fixes: Signing upgrades underway
Contractors with the Portland Bureau of Transportation (PBOT) begin sign upgrades this week as part of the 82nd Avenue Critical Fixes: Signing and Striping Project. Contractors started work at the north end of the corridor, near NE Lombard Street, and are working their way south, finishing at SE Clatsop Street.
This work will involve brief rolling lane closures. Pedestrian access will be maintained. The traveling public is advised to expect delays while repairs are being made. As always, please keep crews safe by following all traffic control signs and flaggers while travelling through or near work zones.
Work is expected to continue through May.
What improvements are coming in the near-term to 82nd Avenue?
Explore all of the 82nd Avenue Critical Fixes projects in our new online interactive map. The map shows near-term projects that will be constructed between 2023 and 2026.
- Thursday, May 4, 5:30-7:00 p.m. | 82nd Avenue Coalition Gathering at Portland Community College SE Campus, Mt. Tabor Hall, Room 145. TriMet and Metro will present about the 82nd Avenue Transit Project. RSVP here.
- Sunday, May 7, 11:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m. | Building a Better 82nd tabling at Portland Sunday Parkways presented by Kaiser Permanente in East Portland. PBOT staff will be tabling at Gateway Discover Park.
- Thursday, May 11, 5:00-8:00 p.m. | Building a Better 82nd tabling at Marysville Family Game Night.
- Wednesday, May 24, 6:00-8:00 p.m. |Building a Better 82nd Community Advisory Group Meeting #4. Location to be determined.
- Learn more about the Community Advisory Group and see meeting agendas, presentation materials, and past meeting summaries here.
- Thursday, May 25, 4:30-8:00 p.m. | Building a Better 82nd tabling at Vestal Elementary Social Justice Night.
- Thursday, June 22, 4:00-6:00 p.m. | 82nd Avenue Transit Project Steering Committee Meeting #5 online via Zoom.
- Saturday, June 24, 10:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. | Join SOLVE for one of 15 clean-up events along 82nd Avenue.
- Tuesday, June 27, 7:30-9:00 p.m. | Building a Better 82nd presentation at Powellhurst-Gilbert Neighborhood Association meeting.
82nd Avenue Transit Project
Metro is working closely with TriMet, PBOT, and community-based organizations to decide on future investments that support transit along 82nd Avenue.
82nd Avenue Community Coalition
Throughout the public engagement process, PBOT will be working alongside the 82nd Avenue Coalition. Convened by Oregon Walks, Verde, Asian Pacific American Network of Oregon (APANO), and Unite Oregon, this coalition is made up of people and organizations that live, work, and play along 82nd Avenue.
For More Information
If you have a question or concerns, contact the project team using the email or phone number below.
The City of Portland ensures meaningful access to city programs, services, and activities to comply with Civil Rights Title VI and ADA Title II laws and reasonably provides: translation, interpretation, modifications, accommodations, alternative formats, auxiliary aids and services. To request these services, contact the Portland Bureau of Transportation at 311 (503-823-4000), for Relay Service & TTY: 711.
Traducción e Interpretación | Biên Dịch và Thông Dịch | अनुवादन तथा व्याख्या
口笔译服务 | Устный и письменный перевод | Turjumaad iyo Fasiraad
Письмовий і усний переклад | Traducere și interpretariat | Chiaku me Awewen Kapas
Translation and Interpretation: 503-823-4000