Critical Fixes: Near-term safety and maintenance improvements
We want to hear from you! Glisan and Davis Signal Project Survey
We’re looking for your feedback on two design choices for the intersection of 82nd and Davis, as well as your feedback on the entire project.
Take the online survey by November 30, 2023
Want to take this survey in another language?
Click on one of the links below to access the survey in your preferred language:
To request a translated copy of this survey in another language, please contact PBOT’S Building a Better 82nd Avenue project team at email@example.com or 503-865-8282.
82nd Avenue Signing & Striping Project is complete!
This month, contractors with PBOT completed sign and striping upgrades along the entire corridor. In total, the project:
- Upgraded crosswalks to high-visibility crosswalks at 22 intersections
- Installed new green bike boxes at 3 intersections
- Upgraded 561 signs throughout the corridor with larger, more visible signs
Thank you for your cooperation and patience while we completed this work!
Street light improvements and pedestrian crossings start in November
Contractors with PBOT will begin work on pedestrian crossing and street light improvements in November. Street lighting will be improved from NE Lombard to SE Clatsop. Six new signalized pedestrian crossings will be constructed on 82nd Avenue at NE Beech, Klickitat, and Schuyler, and SE Clinton, Ash, and Schiller.
Construction is underway for paving and safety improvements on SE 82nd Avenue south of Foster Road
The Oregon Department of Transportation (ODOT) started construction this week for a safety improvement project on SE 82nd Avenue (OR 213) from SE Foster Road to SE Thompson Road. Construction crews working for ODOT started underground drainage work on SE 82nd Avenue at SE Ogden Street and SE Flavel Street.
Tips for Traveling Safely in Work Zones
- Orange is your cue! Pay attention when you see orange signs, barrels, cones and barricades.
- Obey all speed signs for your safety and the safety of others.
- Expect delays—plan for them—and leave early so you can drive safely through the work zone.
- Allow extra time when traveling and follow all signs and flaggers for safety.Travelers should expect delays in the area during construction activities. For the most up-to-date traffic impacts please visit www.TripCheck.com.
In addition to 1.65 miles of paving, safety improvements along the project corridor include:
- New enhanced pedestrian crossings, or Rectangular Rapid Flashing Beacons (RRFBs), at four intersections of SE 82nd Avenue at SE Cooper Street, SE Clatsop Street, SE Glencoe Road and parallel to SE Thompson Road (just south of SE Monroe Street/Boyer Drive).
- New sidewalks roughly between SE Clatsop Street and SE Cornwell Street on both the east and west sides of the highway.
- Accessible curb ramps (158 total) at intersections in the project area to meet Americans with Disabilities Act standards.
Construction will continue through summer 2025.
Upcoming Meetings and Events
- 82nd Avenue Transit Project Steering Committee Meeting | October 26, 2023, 4:00 – 6:00 pm, online or in-person at PCC SE Campus - Student Commons 234 (2305 SE 82nd Ave, Portland OR 97216)
- 82nd Avenue Glisan & Davis Project Team presentation to Vestal PTA Meeting | November 14, 2023, 6:30 – 7:00 p.m. online (details TBA)
82nd Avenue Transit Project
Metro is working closely with TriMet, PBOT, and community-based organizations to identify future investments that support transit along 82nd Avenue.
82nd Avenue Community Coalition
Throughout the public engagement process, PBOT will be working alongside the 82nd Avenue Coalition. Convened by Oregon Walks, Verde, Asian Pacific American Network of Oregon (APANO), and Unite Oregon, this coalition is made up of people and organizations that live, work, and play along 82nd Avenue.
For More Information
If you have a question or concerns, contact the project team
using the email or phone number below.
82nd Avenue Project Team