The Portland Bureau of Transportation (PBOT) is working with the community to develop a comprehensive plan for improvements along 82nd Avenue.
PBOT will invest $12 to $15 million in variety of improvements to improve safety along 82nd Avenue. These investments include improvements to:
- Reduce speeds and improve safety through improvements to signal timing, vehicle detection, communication equipment, and other technological enhancements.
- Improve visibility and reduce future maintenance costs by updating signs, roadway striping, and signal-heads. Click here to learn more about signage and striping improvements coming in 2023.
- Reduce turning crashes through access management around high crash intersections.
Other Investments may also include:
- Tree planting
- Minor sidewalk improvements and widening
- New curbs and sidewalk to fill gaps
- Additional crossing enhancements