The form will take 5-10 minutes to complete. Staff will respond to your inquiry within two business days.
When to use this form
- If you have a permit from Multnomah County or ODOT to perform traffic control on a roadway under their control, and your project will have an impact to traffic on streets within the City of Portland.
- If you have a permit from Portland Parks & Recreation to close a portion of a pedestrian trail and need to detour trail users onto nearby streets.
- If you are planning an activity on private property that will likely have a traffic impact to public streets in the City of Portland. For example, a drive-through medical screening in a private parking lot.
When not to use this form
- If you are performing construction or maintenance on private property and need to close a portion of the adjacent sidewalk, parking, or street area.
- If you are performing utility work in the street and need to close the adjacent sidewalk, parking, or street area.
For those uses, submit a temporary street use permit application.
If you have any questions about how to proceed, please email us at email@example.com.
Build a map of your site
We’ll need to know the precise location for the site and the dates you expect this disruption. Use the PBOT basemap to create a site plan showing your proposed activity. This will help us understand your traffic impact.
Staff review and coordination
PBOT will email you after our initial review is complete. Staff will contact you for more information, as needed. PBOT will support applicants as much as we can to make sure they meet requirements.