When and Where the LTIC is Applied
Located within a Single-Dwelling Zone as identified in Title 33 of the City Code. As of March 2016, Single-Dwelling Zones included RF, R20, R10, R7, R5, R2.5. (Note: zoning districts and definitions can change. Confirm Single-Dwelling Zones in Title 33.); and
Frontage on a local service traffic street without a curb (i.e. unimproved or under-improved street), other than a local street that has been formally accepted by PBOT as fully built under an alternative street standard not requiring a curb.
The LTIC does NOT apply to:
- Accessory dwelling units
- Affordable housing
- Low-income owner occupants who live on the property and owner’s household has a gross annual income of less than 80% AMI.
- Disaster replacement
- Alterations of existing structures
- Property line adjustments or lot confirmations
- Properties that have already paid the LTIC for a previous land use or development action
- Property frontages that abut unbuildable “paper” rights-of-way.
- Property frontages with a valid City Administrative Review Committee (ARC) decision.
- Instances when applicant elects to build the required frontage improvements on adjacent local service traffic streets to the City’s adopted standard.
Calculating the Charge
The LTIC is based on the total linear frontage of the property adjacent to an under-improved local service traffic street without a curb. PBOT staff will assess the LTIC using information included in the permit application with the maximum charge listed below by zone.
R2.5: no maximum
R5: 50 feet x LTIC ($600) = $30,000
R7: 70 feet x LTIC ($600) = $42,000
R10: 100 feet x LTIC ($600) = $60,000
R20 & RF: 120 feet x LTIC ($600) = $72,000
For more information regarding specific LTIC options for your project, email PBOTDevRevLTIC@portlandoregon.gov.
For information on LTIC Financed Project Selection, visit here.
17.88.090 Local Transportation Infrastructure Charge Required
A map of LTIC eligible streets in Portland.
LTIC Administrative Rule
Applicable fees can be viewed on the Bureau of Development Services website
Brochure: LTIC Low-Income and Affordable Housing Exemptions
Application: LTIC Exemption for Affordable Housing Construction
Application: LTIC Exemption for Low-Income Owner-Occupants