Memorial Day closure

Most City of Portland offices will be closed Monday, May 27, in observance of Memorial Day.

Apply, Renew, or Change a Temporary Street Use Permit

Temporary street use permits allow you to reserve on-street parking spaces, close portions of the sidewalk, or perform traffic control in the street area. Typical uses include residential moves, storage containers, construction, utility work, or property maintenance.

The application form will take 5-10 minutes to complete. Permits are typically issued within 5-10 business days.

Introducing our new online application portal for temporary street use permits! This streamlined solution replaces several existing applications.

If you are a City of Portland employee or a contractor hired by the City of Portland, do not use the below form.  Please click here to submit notification of your street use.

Click here for additional information about allowed uses for temporary street use permits, permit fee rates, processing times, traffic control guidelines, and information about related permit types for other uses.

  • Current Assessment
  • Permit
  • Contact Info
  • Done
What do you need?


PBOT Temporary Street Use Permitting