The Portland Bureau of Transportation (PBOT) plans to begin grind and pave work on SE 162nd Avenue on Monday, August 29.
What to expect during construction:
- Expect delays on SE 162nwhile driving and taking bus line 74.
- Paving work should last about seven weeks. Work hours are 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- First the center lanes on SE 162nd Avenue will be paved. The center lanes of the road are scheduled to be closed between 8/29/22 to 9/20/22. The outer lanes will be open for vehicle travel.
- Then the outer lanes of SE 162nd Avenue will be paved. The outer lanes of the road will be closed between 9/26/22 to 10/15/22. The center lanes of the road will be open for vehicle travel.
- Paving is weather dependent and the schedule may change. We’ll continue to share more detailed construction updates as the work begins!
How to drive on SE 162nd Avenue during paving:
- Only right turns will be permitted onto SE 162nd Avenue during the project. Flaggers will be stationed at side streets to help direct cars, bikes, and pedestrians.
- No on-street parking on SE 162nd Avenue will be permitted during the project.
Come talk to us!
We will be tabling in the area to answer your questions about the project:
Portland Sunday Parkways – East Portland Route
Sunday, August 21, 2022
11 a.m. - 4 p.m.
SE 155th Avenue and Main Street
Portland, OR 97233