What's happening now?
PBOT is getting access to all necessary property to build the project. Bidding and construction for Phase 1 will follow in spring 2023.
- Local Improvement District formed by Portland City Council on January 16, 2019
- Project split into Phase 1 and Phase 2 in early 2022
- Phase 1 design complete in summer 2022 (pending any final changes following right-of-way acquisition)
Phase 1 (starting 2023):
- New traffic signal, curb ramps, and sidewalk on NE Columbia Boulevard at 42nd Avenue
- Enhanced streetlighting on NE Columbia Boulevard from 42nd to 46th avenues
- Rebuild NE 42nd Avenue in concrete with sidewalk from NE Columbia Blvd. to 320 feet north to support heavy bus and freight traffic
Phase 2 (starting 2024):
- Pave and add sidewalk on NE 46th Avenue from NE Columbia Blvd. north to dead-end
- Build a new segment of NE Bryant Street with sidewalk from NE 46th to NE 47th avenues
- Stormwater and sanitary improvements
$13 million from property owners with overhead costs funded by the Portland Bureau of Transportation
Contact project manager for plan details