Sign Up for Email Updates
What's happening now?
Construction is underway. The south half of the street is largely complete. Work will continue on the northern half of the street through the winter. We expect to complete construction in summer 2024.
Businesses remain accessible during construction unless otherwise notified. Temporary traffic control may result in delays along N Suttle Road and at the intersection with Portland Road.
- Summer 2023: Utility work and southern half of road to be rebuilt (complete)
- Winter 2023-24: Construction continues as weather allows on north side driveways, curb, gutter, and stormwater planters (underway)
- Summer 2024: Northern half of roadway to be rebuilt with sidewalk on north side (pending)
- Completion expected in late summer 2024
- Fully reconstructed street built with 9.5"-thick concrete to support heavy freight traffic and reduce future maintenance costs
- 3,210 square feet of stormwater drainage facilities with 26,000 gallons of capacity to reduce flooding and protect the environment
- New sidewalk (5 to 6 feet wide) on the north side of the street
- 45 additional street trees with two-year establishment period
- Local Improvement District formed by Portland City Council on August 30, 2017
- Design completed in July 2022
- Construction started in April 2023
$10 million from property owners with overhead costs funded by the Portland Bureau of Transportation