What’s happening now? (Updated Jun 2023)
This project is currently in the design phase, with construction expected by Fall 2023.
PBOT identified this segment as a sidewalk gap in PedPDX. This project will restripe the existing paved space to provide an interim safer shoulder walkway and bikeway with physical separation from the roadway, separate people bicycling and pedestrians where possible, and clarify legal turning movements to and from adjacent businesses and residences. This project is recommended in the Southwest in Motion plan and it is funded in part by Fixing Our Streets.
Sign up for email updates
Get the latest updates about this project
$150,000 from Fixing Our Streets and $150,000 from Quick Build program. The Fixing Our Streets $0.10 per gallon fuel tax was approved by voters in May 2016 and again in May 2020.
To date, the following engagement has occurred:
- 2018 - 2019: Southwest in Motion Plan engagement, including Stakeholder Working Group, online feedback, community focus groups, advisory committee meetings, and an online and in-person open house event
- August 4: Distributed flyers to affected properties and discussed project with available stakeholders
- August 16: Multnomah Neighborhood Association Transportation Committee meeting
- August 20: Multnomah Days PBOT table
- September 15: Multnomah Neighborhood Association Transportation Committee follow-up meeting
- September 21: Southwest Neighbors, Inc. (SWNI) Transportation Committee meeting
- September 29: Multnomah Village Business Association meeting
- October 11: Multnomah Neighborhood Association Meeting
- Fall - Winter: Phone calls and emails with affected and interested stakeholders
- Winter - Spring: Phone calls and emails with affected and interested stakeholders
- May 31: Meeting with affected businesses and property owners regarding freight deliveries