Engineering And Design
The Portland Bureau of Transportation (PBOT) will construct safety improvements such as crossing improvements, new sidewalks, upgraded curb ramps, protected bike lanes, and more along NE Halsey Street.
Construction planned to begin early 2024
On this Page
What's Happening Now?
Design is underway on the project.
- New sidewalks on the north side of NE Halsey Street between 85th and 92nd avenues
- Pedestrian and bicycle improvements between NE 80th and 92nd Avenue
- NE 80th Avenue to Jonesmore Street – two-way buffered bike lanes
- NE Jonesmore Street to 92nd Avenue – two-way protected bike lanes on south side of Halsey
- Improve existing multi-use path connection from NE 82nd MAX station to 81st Avenue
- Crossing improvements at NE Halsey and:
- 68th Avenue/69th Avenue
- 80th Avenue
- Jonesmore Pl/84th Avenue
- 88th Avenue
- Update curb ramps to ADA standards
- Bus stop improvements
- Lighting analysis, add lighting if needed