What’s happening now?
Finalizing design. Phase 1 construction will start in Spring 2024 and Phase 2 will start in Fall 2024.
Portland City Council formed this LID on April 24, 2019. The project scope includes street, sidewalk, stormwater, and rail improvements.
Phase 1 (starting early 2024) includes:
- Extension of NE Davis Street from 97th to 99th avenues
- Repave NE 97th Avenue from Burnside to Davis streets
- Rebuilt traffic signal on E Burnside Street at 97th Avenue (includes crosswalks on all sides)
- New crosswalk on E Burnside Street east of 94th Avenue serving the I-205 multiuse path
- Improved angle of approach for people biking westbound on E Burnside Street across rail tracks
- New and rebuilt sidewalks, corner ramps, and streetlights throughout project area
- 40 new street trees with two-year establishment period
Phase 2 (starting late 2024):
- New street segments including sidewalks, corner ramps, and streetlights:
- NE Couch Street from 97th to 99th avenues
- NE Davis Street from 99th to 100th avenues
- 35 new street trees with two-year establishment period
Property owners are providing funding for this $15 million project with tax increment financing from the Gateway Urban Renewal Area, transportation system development charge (TSDC) funding and overhead costs funded by the Portland Bureau of Transportation.
Contact project manager for plan details