What’s happening now?
This project is in the design phase.
- Repave NE Halsey Street from 53rd to 60th Avenue and NE 60th Avenue from Holladay to Halsey Street.
- Improve traffic flow on NE Halsey Street between 57th and 60th avenues with new traffic signals and dedicated turn lanes.
- Add a new traffic signal and dedicated turn lanes at NE Halsey Street and 47th Avenue to make the intersection safer.
- Widen sidewalks on NE 60th Avenue between Halsey Street and the NE 60th Avenue MAX Station.
- Build marked crosswalks withconcrete median islands on NE Halsey Street between 55th and 56th avenues and another between 50th and 51st avenues.
Changes to the Design
Due to funding cuts, this project will no longer include bike improvements as part of the 60s Bikeway between NE Davis and Sacramento streets.
After public feedback on the project at multiple events between April and September 2019, PBOT made three major changes to the original design. A summary of that feedback is linked below.
- Remove parking on both sides of NE Halsey Street between 47th and 57th avenues. This will provide for three 12-foot-wide lanes: one travel lane in each direction and one center turn lane.
- NE 57th Avenue (south of Halsey Street) will no longer be converted to a one-way street and will remain a two-way street. During peak morning and evening commute times, the traffic signal will allow northbound traffic to enter NE Halsey Street with every other cycle.
- The 60s Bikeway alignment north of NE Hancock Street will now continue north on 61st Avenue instead of jogging west to 60th Avenue.
Sign up for email updates