What’s happening now?
- Construction began on August 17, 2020.
- The northern section (Killingsworth to NE Portland Highway) opened for 2-way traffic on April 2, 2021.
- The southern section (Prescott to Killingsworth) is also close to wrapping up. We hope to open this section to 2-way traffic in April as well. Speed bumps, concrete traffic separators (to protect the walking path from traffic), and asphalt bumps at driveway connections (to prevent water from the street flowing down driveways and onto private property) are still on the to-do list.
- Six-foot wide path on one side of NE 60th
- Path will be on west side of 60th between Prescott and Killingsworth; east side of 60th between Killingsworth and NE Portland Highway
- Path will be flush with existing roadway, separated with a concrete traffic separator (raised curb)
- Truncated domes (yellow pad of bumps) used at minor intersections since ramps will not be present
- Fire-friendly speed bumps being explored along entire alignment for traffic calming