The Portland Bureau of Transportation (PBOT) is constructing Local Improvement District street improvements on N Burlington Avenue and on N Edison Avenue in the Cathedral Park neighborhood. PBOT is also reconstructing the N. Burlington Avenue & Willamette Blvd. intersection.
What's happening now?
Design is complete and construction anticipated Summer-Fall 2020.
City Council formed the LID on June 28, 2017.
Bids were opened on July 14, 2020 with the contract awarded.
- N Burlington Avenue from 106 feet north of N Decatur Street to N Edison Street (sidewalk-only improvement to east side of street)
- N Edison Street from N Burlington Avenue to 100 feet west of N Richmond Avenue (full street improvements, except existing north sidewalk remains)
- N John Avenue from south of N Willamette Boulevard to N Decatur Street (SDC-funded)
- N Willamette Boulevard and N Burlington Avenue intersection (SDC-funded)
- N Decatur Street from N John Avenue to N Charleston Avenue. (developer-funded)
- N John Avenue from N Decatur Street to N Crawford Street (developer-funded)
- N Charleston Avenue from N Decatur Street to N Crawford Street (developer-funded)
Property owners are providing funding for this project with system development charges (SDC) and overhead costs funded by the Portland Bureau of Transportation.