The Portland Bureau of Transportation (PBOT) is constructing a neighborhood greenway to link the I-205 Gateway area and NE 128th Avenue, providing a key connection between the 100s Neighborhood Greenway and the 130s Neighborhood Greenway.
What's happening now?
This project is substantially complete.
PBOT creates neighborhood greenways to connect neighborhoods, schools, parks, jobs, commercial centers, transit, and other destinations in the city of Portland. This greenway will serve as a vital link to significant facilities and spaces in East Portland.
Proposed project elements include:
- Bike lanes and pavement markings
- Wayfinding signage
- Speed bumps
- Tree planting
- Crossing improvement at the intersection of NE Pacific St. and NE 102nd Ave.
- Crossing improvement at NE Holladay St. at NE 122nd Ave.
PBOT will also improve two unimproved road segments:
- NE Oregon Street between 110th and 111th avenues
- NE Holladay Street between 118th and 119th avenues
The total budget is $1.5 million. $552,000 is allocated from Fixing Our Streets, a voter-approved 10-cent gas tax for fixing streets and making them safer. Additional funding comes from transportation system development charges (known as TSDCs).