What's happening now?
We are designing the project. Currently at 60% design phase.
PBOT will replace the existing, aging traffic signal to ensure safe, reliable operations.
This maintenance project will update the intersection with a modern design that includes:
- Eastbound bike lane approaching 111th Avenue/Drive separated from driving lanes using concrete barriers
- Protected left-turn signals onto SE Foster Road will help prevent collisions between left-turning drivers and people in crosswalks
- Access management on the west leg will help prevent left-turn crashes
- Small concrete islands on the northwest and northeast corners will support safer turns and prevent people from driving in the bike lane
- New, larger street name signs that reflect the renaming of SE 110th Drive to 111th Drive
- Fully accessible eastbound transit stop with concrete pads serving front and rear doors, relocated closer to the intersection
- Curb ramps updated for accessibility, as needed
$1.6 million locally funded