Learn about the Northwest Parking District Stakeholder Advisory Committee (SAC) mission and objectives, get meeting information, view meeting materials and bylaws.
Find information about the Northwest Parking District Stakeholder Advisory Committee (SAC) and view meeting materials. All are welcome to meetings! Stay informed by joining the Northwest Parking District SAC email list.
Northwest Parking District Stakeholder Advisory Committee (SAC) Meetings
Attend a Meeting
The public is welcome to join us at an upcoming meeting. The Northwest District Parking SAC meets the third Wednesday of every month, usually at Friendly House, 1737 NW 26th Avenue. Meetings at this time are being held virtually on Zoom. Time and location are subject to change. Please check meeting events for details and meeting materials.
The Northwest Parking District SAC’s mission is to advise the City on transportation and parking issues in Northwest and support a full range of transportation options within the context of neighborhood livability and economic vitality with the goal of efficiently managing parking and reducing reliance on single-occupancy vehicles. The SAC evaluates district transportation needs and priorities and sets forth priority projects and programs to support and facilitate more efficient transportation access.
The committee’s objectives are designed to support the economic vitality and friendly atmosphere of the district:
- Support the economic vitality of the district and efforts to maintain a friendly atmosphere for visitors.
- Promote traffic safety through traffic calming and improvements to the pedestrian environment.
- Increase awareness of and promote transit and alternative transportation options for Northwest residents, employees and visitors.
- Increase walking, bicycling and transit use by employees, visitors and residents.
- Advise the city on use of the community’s share of on-street parking revenues.
- Reduce auto trips by employees, visitors and residents to, from and within the neighborhood.
- Develop baseline travel and parking behavior data, define measures of success, monitor travel behavior and provide ongoing accountability.
- Advise the Bureau of Transportation on matters related to pay parking, permit parking program operations and event-day management.