This application should take 15-20 minutes to complete.
Check your eligibility
Before applying to hang an event banner on city owned streetlight poles, be sure your event meets the following required criteria:
- The event you are promoting must have an affiliated nonprofit organization represented on the application.
- The event you are promoting must be open to the public, non-political in nature, and provide a civic benefit to the community.
- Applications must be received at least four weeks prior to the date you want to hang banners.
Download an application
Email your completed application
Applications must be received at least four weeks prior to the date you want to hang banners. Email your completed application along with a copy of your artwork, certificate of insurance and additionally insured endorsement to PBOT's Signal and Street Lighting team. If you need alternate accommodations, please call or email to coordinate.
Wait for review and final approval
Portland Bureau of Transportation (PBOT) Signals and Street Lighting staff will work closely with you to make sure all necessary components are submitted and approved, including available locations. Once your application is approved and you have paid the necessary fees, PBOT will send you an email confirmation of your permit to you and your installer. Fees must be paid within 30 days of your invoice.
Fees and Payment:
- $110 permit application fee + $1/ pole.
- Applicant will receive an invoice from the City's accounting department.
- Payments are due within 30 days of the date of invoice
- City-owned twin ornamental streetlight poles in the Central Business District, Lloyd District, NE/SE Grand, and Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd.
Contact us with any questions
Need help with your application or have other questions?
Contact PBOT's Signal and Street Lighting team