Home-based businesses are able to take advantage of many of the free resources for residences in Portland.
Whatever the motivation — be it cost-savings, improved working conditions, or just the good feeling of making a positive difference — here are a few great ways to improve your home-based business’s sustainability:
- Community Energy Project helps home-owners make their homes as energy efficient as possible through insulation and appliance upgrades.
- Or, if you’d like to start with a free energy audit, you can get one from Energy Trust of Oregon.
- You could also order any of these free water-saving devices from the Water Bureau.
- And you could get credit from Bureau of Environmental Service for stormwater management.
- Run your home-based business out of a rental? Energy Trust has energy-saving tips for renters!