Services and Resources

626 services and resources found
Find the permit that fits your situation and click on the appropriate application
The Temporary Street Use Permitting team at the Portland Bureau of Transportation (PBOT) can help you reserve on-street parking for residential or commercial moves, loading and unloading, construction, tree trimming, and other uses. Determine the type of permit you need below. Fees apply.
Portland Harbor Community Grants support community-led projects and programs about the Portland Harbor Superfund. Grant requests may be up to $75,000. Applications are due by 5:00 p.m., November 16, 2022.
Private for-hire companies and individual drivers must apply to the Portland Bureau of Transportation (PBOT) to operate in the city. Private for-hire vehicles include taxis, TNCs like Uber or Lyft, limos, pedicabs, party buses, executive sedans, town cars, non-emergency medical transport, carriages.
A Private Property Impound (PPI) Permit is required to perform towing services from private property in the City of Portland. Please view Portland City Code Chapter 7.24 for rules and requirements.

Permits are typically issued within 30 days.
Businesses that buy and sell property that is frequently the subject of theft (“regulated property”) must apply for a secondhand dealers permit. This permit needs to be renewed annually and is nontransferable.
Apply for a loan from Environmental Services to finance system development, line, branch, or sewer conversion charges. Loans can also cover the cost of paying a qualified contractor to connect a building or manufactured home to the public sewer system or replace a nonconforming sewer connection.
Central Eastside and Northwest district businesses wanting to free up their own parking for people who live and work in the district, may apply to the Portland Bureau of Transportation (PBOT) for a shared-use parking permit. This is a pilot program. No fee to apply.
The Portland in the Streets team at the Portland Bureau of Transportation (PBOT) issues Sidewalk Café permits to allow businesses to place tables and seating on the public sidewalk. Businesses must sell food and beverages to apply for a Sidewalk Café permit.
The City’s Social Games Permit Program regulates the operators of social games, restricting location, age, dollar amount of play, and other rules to protect the public peace, safety, and morals. A person or business that wants to operate a social game must have a permit from the Revenue Division.
The Portland in the Streets team at the Portland Bureau of Transportation (PBOT) issues Spaces to Places permits to beautify, repurpose, and energize public spaces into social or cultural areas. These projects should be designed to be long-term and must be open to the public.
The Portland Bureau of Transportation (PBOT), through the Portland in the Streets program issues Special Event Permits to allow moving events on city streets or sidewalks. Types of events include marches, parades, athletic events, demonstrations, etc. There is a $25 non-refundable application fee.
Street paintings are large, decorative paintings installed directly on the street to beautify neighborhoods and build community.
The Portland in the Streets team at the Portland Bureau of Transportation (PBOT) issues Street Seats permits for structures or platforms built in on-street parking spaces to help activate the public space. You can use them as additional seating for your restaurant or for public use.
Nonprofits may apply to Portland Bureau of Transportation (PBOT) to hang banners on city streetlights to promote special events that are open to the public, non-political, and have a direct civic benefit. Certain conditions apply. Banner permits cost $110 with an additional fee of $1 per pole.
Businesses, including vendors and promoters, doing business over a very limited term in Portland must apply for a temporary business license from the City of Portland's Revenue Division.
If you'd like to use water from a specific hydrant, you can apply for a temporary hydrant permit. This permit allows you to use that hydrant for up to 90 days.
Temporary or special event liquor license applications must be submitted to both the Oregon Liquor and Cannabis Commission (OLCC) and the City for approval.
The Portland Bureau of Transportation (PBOT) launched the Safe Streets Initiative in response to the Covid-19 public health crisis. Part of this initiative is FREE, temporary, 5-minute pickup/drop-off permit to use a designated parking space near your business. Zones are valid through June 30, 2022.

Offered By