Most City offices closed Wednesday, June 19, to observe Juneteenth

The City of Portland recognizes Juneteenth as a formal day of remembrance to honor Black American history and the end of slavery in the United States. Learn about Juneteenth.

Services and Resources

578 services and resources found
The Portland in the Streets team at the Portland Bureau of Transportation (PBOT) issues Spaces to Places permits to beautify, repurpose, and energize public spaces into social or cultural areas. These projects should be designed to be long-term and must be open to the public.
The Portland Bureau of Transportation (PBOT), through the Portland in the Streets program issues Special Event Permits to allow moving events on city streets or sidewalks. Types of events include marches, parades, athletic events, demonstrations, etc. There is a $25 non-refundable application fee.
Street paintings are large, decorative paintings installed directly on the street to beautify neighborhoods and build community.
Nonprofits may apply to Portland Bureau of Transportation (PBOT) to hang banners on city owned streetlight poles to promote special events that are open to the public, non-political, and have a direct civic benefit. Certain conditions apply.
Businesses, including vendors and promoters, doing business over a very limited term in Portland must apply for a temporary business license from the City of Portland's Revenue Division.
If you'd like to use water from a specific hydrant, you can apply for a temporary hydrant permit. This permit allows you to use that hydrant for up to 90 days.
Temporary or special event liquor license applications must be submitted to both the Oregon Liquor and Cannabis Commission (OLCC) and the City for approval.
The Portland Bureau of Transportation (PBOT) launched the Safe Streets Initiative in response to the Covid-19 public health crisis. Part of this initiative is FREE, temporary, 5-minute pickup/drop-off permit to use a designated parking space near your business. Zones are valid through June 30, 2022.
Hardship fund managed by Portland Bureau of Transportation (PBOT) for victims of auto theft and others living on low income needing to retrieve towed and impounded vehicles. Provides up to $300 for towing and storage expenses, while funds last. Qualifying criteria, appeal process explained.
Apply for and receive your UC Permit by email. Environmental Services issues UC Permits that are required for private lateral connections to public sewer laterals or mains. See the Guide to UR and UC Permits for more details.
Apply for and receive a UR Permit by email. Environmental Services issues UR Permits for lateral repairs in the right-of-way (ROW), typically from property line to curb. See the Guide to UR and UC Permits for more details. Development Services issues permits for private property sewer work.
The Portland Bureau of Transportation (PBOT) through the Portland in the Streets program issues Vending Cart permits to allow vendors to sell food or merchandise using a small mobile cart. Vendors with a permit can vend at specific locations on the public sidewalk.
Before beginning any voluntary demolition or repair work in the pedestrian sidewalk corridor, you or your contractor must have a Minor Improvement Permit (MIP) from the Bureau of Transportation. Fees are between $60 and $200 per permit for up to 100 linear feet of frontage repair.
The City may accept or adopt a private sewer line in the right-of-way serving residential properties under certain conditions. To request that the City of Portland consider accepting or adopting your private sewer line in the public right-of-way, follow the steps on this page.
All organizations offering amusement machines, devices, or games for display or operation that require payment or other valuable consideration for viewing and/or use must first obtain a permit from the City of Portland Revenue Division.
Annual area parking permits for residents and employers in Zones A-U. Permits help alleviate commuter parking in residential neighborhoods. Online portal managed by the Portland Bureau of Transportation (PBOT). Find your zone, instructions for payment and renewal, FAQ.
If you run a business that needs water at various places around the city, you can apply for an annual hydrant permit. The permit allows you to fill your truck or trailer tank at certain hydrants.
This page will give you information on how to apply for a new annual license or make a change to an existing license. If you are unsure which license best fits your needs, contact the OLCC at 503-872-5217.
Annual parking permits for certain commercial activity, deliveries, maintenance, and others not met by standard parking zones or truck loading zones. Online portal managed by the Portland Bureau of Transportation (PBOT). Find your permit type, instructions for payment, renewal, or replacement.
Your company may need a permit to discharge process wastewater to the City sewer. Download the Industrial Wastewater Discharge Permit application here.
Apply for a 1200-Z general NPDES stormwater discharge permit for an industrial site in City limits. Environmental Services receives and processes applications for general stormwater permits. The City is the authorized agent for the Oregon Department of Environmental Quality.
Apply for Portland Bureau of Transportation (PBOT) Outdoor Dining. Steps to follow before applying, fee schedule, links to design guidance and permit conditions.
Batch discharge authorizations are issued to businesses or projects that need to discharge to the sanitary sewer or, in rare cases, to the stormwater system. Discharges are limited in volume, duration, and frequency. Learn how to apply for discharge authorization procedure on this page.
Submit a building permit application and pay for permits in person or online with Development Hub PDX (DevHub). Permits available on DevHub include electrical, mechanical, plumbing, site development, development review.

Offered By