Services and Resources

583 services and resources found
Determine eligibility and request a cooling unit from the Cooling Portland program. For assistance by phone, contact 311.
The Portland Bureau of Transportation (PBOT) provides four types of parking permits for people with disabilities based on their needs. Each type is outlined below, along with the application. Applicants must have a valid Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) placard to apply.
The Down Payment Assistance Loan is designed with favorable terms to help first-time homebuyers purchase a home within the city limits of Portland. The Down Payment Assistance Loan is a second mortgage loan funded by the Portland Housing Bureau (PHB).
The Portland Bureau of Transportation’s (PBOT) Healthy Blocks program was an innovative response to the COVID-19 pandemic and has since retired. Please see our Block Party program for information on hosting an event on your neighborhood street today!
Application for exemptions for new construction or other special circumstances.
The Home Repair Loan Program provides a 0% interest loan to help eligible homeowners with low and moderate incomes make improvements and upgrades to continue living safely in their homes. How to apply.
See waitlist information.
The Community Watershed Stewardship Program provides funding for native plants that benefit water quality and the watershed. Gift certificates from Bosky Dell Native Nursery are available to community groups or individuals planning to improve community spaces. Applications accepted year-round.
If you have a project that benefits your community and the environment, you can apply for a Neighborhood to the River grant. Neighborhood to the River grants support community projects that improve stormwater management and watershed health.
For activities that make more noise than the Noise Code allows, or if your construction project takes place outside permitted construction hours, then you will need a noise variance.
The Portland Bureau of Transportation (PBOT) issues PARK(ing) Day permits to allow residents, designers, businesses, students, community organizations and artists to temporarily transform parking spaces into public spaces. This international event takes place the third Friday in September.
Each payday lender location within the cities of Portland, Gresham, or Oregon City needs a payday lender permit. These permits must be renewed every year and are all paid through the City of Portland.
Follow the steps below to apply for a grant from the Portland Clean Energy Community Benefits Fund (PCEF).
Percent for Green grants help fund large-scale green infrastructure projects that benefit watershed health and the community. Learn more about how to apply on this page.
The Portland Bureau of Transportation (PBOT) through the Portland in the Streets program issues banner permits over street spaces to promote various neighborhood and charitable events or occasions in the community. These may include farmers' markets, street fairs, and so much more.
Find the permit that fits your situation and click on the appropriate application
Portland Harbor Community Grants support community-led projects and programs about the Portland Harbor Superfund. Grant requests may be up to $75,000. Applications are due by February 21, 2024.
Private for-hire companies and individual drivers must apply to the Portland Bureau of Transportation (PBOT) to operate in the city. Private for-hire vehicles include taxis, TNCs like Uber or Lyft, limos, pedicabs, party buses, executive sedans, town cars, non-emergency medical transport, carriages.
A Private Property Impound (PPI) Permit is required to perform towing services from private property in the City of Portland. Please view Portland City Code Chapter 7.24 for rules and requirements.

Permits are typically issued within 30 days.
Businesses that buy and sell property that is frequently the subject of theft (“regulated property”) must apply for a secondhand dealers permit. This permit needs to be renewed annually and is nontransferable.
Apply for a loan from Environmental Services to finance system development, line, branch, or sewer conversion charges. Loans can also cover the cost of paying a qualified contractor to connect a building or manufactured home to the public sewer system or replace a nonconforming sewer connection.
Central Eastside and Northwest district businesses wanting to free up their own parking for people who live and work in the district, may apply to the Portland Bureau of Transportation (PBOT) for a shared-use parking permit. This is a pilot program. No fee to apply.
The City’s Social Games Permit Program regulates the operators of social games, restricting location, age, dollar amount of play, and other rules to protect the public peace, safety, and morals. A person or business that wants to operate a social game must have a permit from the Revenue Division.

Offered By