First floor lobby
Portland, OR 97201
Due to COVID-19 public health restrictions, access to the Development Services Center at 1900 SW Fourth Avenue is limited to those who have prescheduled appointments to drop off or pick up paper permit applications and plans for review.
Most permitting services are provided online. Here is more information on how to apply for permits and how to schedule an appointment to drop off paper permit applications and plans, if needed.
Please access information about other services through one of the links below:
- How to Fill Out a Building Permit Application- A Step-by-Step Guide
- Where to Apply or Pay for Permits and Reviews by Permit Type
- Check the status of a building permit
- Check permit timelines
- Commercial Development Permitting and Inspections
- Do You Need a Permit for Your Project?
- 15-Minute Question Appointments: Free Building Permit and Zoning Help
- How to Get a Permit- Development Review and Permit Processes
- Pay for Permits Online and By Phone
- Permit Review Process
- Permitting Services from Other City of Portland Bureaus (Environmental Services, Fire and Rescue, Parks and Recreation, Transportation, Water)
- Residential Development Permitting and Inspections
- Residential Permit Inspections
- Zoning and Land Use
We have staff available by phone and email to answer your permit process, land use, research and code questions. Click here for a list of phone numbers and email addresses for services offered by the Bureau of Development Services and other permitting bureaus.
Parking and public transportation information
- There is a parking garage located under the building. It is managed by Portland State University. (For hourly and weekday rates, scroll to “4th Avenue Garage.”)
- On-street metered parking is available nearby.
- There are several TriMet and Portland Streetcar stops within a few blocks of 1900 SW Fourth Avenue.