Registering for a tax account should take 15 minutes to complete.
Register for a Revenue Division tax account online
To register for a tax account through Portland Revenue Online (PRO), you will need the following:
- Tax ID number (Social Security number or employer identification number)
- Business tax entity type (sole proprietor, partnership, S-corporation, C-corporation, trust or estate)
- Your business locations and owners
To register for a Transient Lodgings Tax account, you will also need:
- Number of rooms for rent
- Lodging type (hotel/motel, online travel company, short-term rental)
- Information on any owners, partners, or corporate officers
Once you have registered for a tax account, you will be asked to create a PRO account.
Register for a Revenue Division tax account by mail, fax, or in person
1. Download and fill out the tax account registration form
If you need to register for a City of Portland Business License Tax, Multnomah County Business Income Tax and/or Metro Supporting Housing Services (SHS) Business Income Tax account, download and fill out this form:
If you need to register for a Transient Lodgings Tax account, please download and fill out this form:
You will need to submit both registration forms if registering for a Transient Lodgings Tax account.
2. Submit your form to us
By mail or in person
Mail or drop off your registration form to:
111 SW Columbia St., Suite 600
Portland, OR 97201-5840
Fax your registration form to the Revenue Division: