Online Portal FAQ

Photo of a table with two large pint glasses filled with colorful cocktail. There are also two smaller glasses filled with bubbly water.
Easy, fast, and efficient! All annual liquor licenses, change applications, renewals, and temporary sales licenses should be submitted through the new online system, Civic Portal.

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I log into the new Civic Portal?

Log into Civic Portal Here

How do I create a login for the Portal? 

Here is a Step By Step Tutorial for creating a new user login (and filing your renewal if you need to!)

How does the new online system work?

First, all applicants must create an account with a user name and a password in the new online system, called Civic Portal.

Then, if you have an existing license, email to get connected to your license in the portal. 

On the portal website, you will be able to see your existing licenses and apply for new licenses. 

This online process will make for a quicker processing time, allow you to track the status of your application, download recommendation certificates directly and renew your licenses easily.

I'm stuck on the Contact List Page!

This is a very common place where people get stuck. Check out this quick visual step-by-step to help you complete this section.

I have an existing license already, what do I need to do?

If you have an existing license, it's easy to get connected! 

1. Set up an account in the online system with a user name and a password.

2. Send an email to to have your new user name linked to your existing liquor license.

3. Get an email confirmation that you have been connected, then log in to the portal to view your existing licenses, file a renewal, or apply for a new license. 

Can I save my application and come back later?

Yes! For 30 days. 

You can work on an application in the portal for up to 30 days before submitting it - if you choose the "Save and Resume Later" button at the bottom of the application page. After 30 days, the incomplete application file will be deleted and you will have to begin a new application. 

I am confused or having trouble with the portal. What should I do?

The best thing to do is send an email to

You can ask questions directly to the staff or request a 15-minute intake session with a staff member. This email is checked by multiple staff all business days from 9 am - 5 pm.

It is better to ask questions first than to have to re-submit your application. Application fees are not refundable.

I Need an Accommodation

We will help you get access to our services! 

For translation and interpretation call 503-823-4000 or 311.

To make an appointment to use the City public computers for your application call 503-823-4520.

The City of Portland ensures meaningful access to city programs, services, and activities to comply with Civil Rights Title VI and ADA Title II laws and reasonably provides: translation, interpretation, modifications, accommodations, alternative formats, auxiliary aids, and services. Please call 503-823-3008, TTY at 503-828-6868 or the Oregon Relay Service: 711 with such requests or visit ADA Request.

Traducción e Interpretación  |  Biên Dịch và Thông Dịch |  अनुवादन तथा व्याख्या

口笔译服务  |   Устный и письменный перевод  |  Turjumaad iyo Fasiraad

Письмовий і усний переклад  |  Traducere și interpretariat  | Chiaku me Awewen Kapas

Translation and Interpretation:  503-823-4000 


Liquor Licensing

Development Services