Administrative Rules Adopted by Bureaus Pursuant to Rule Making Authority (ARB)
SNOW AND ICE RESPONSE PLAN - BASIC EMERGENCY SERVICES PLAN ANNEX 21
Administrative Rule Adopted by Bureau of Maintenance Pursuant to Rule-Making Authority
The purpose of this plan is to establish and assign operational responsibilities and authorities for snow and ice response activities within the corporate city limits of Portland, OR to Bureaus and employees of the Portland municipal government.
A. Snow and Ice Response Goals:
- To reduce life-threatening and injury-producing conditions.
- To reduce the interruption to the economic life of the City.
B. Snow and Ice Response Objectives:
- To provide a street surface free enough of ice, snow or slush to allow reasonable vehicular control when operating under specific traffic regulations.
- To discourage private vehicles, encourage mass transit.
- To reduce accidents, bottlenecks; treat known hazard locations.
- To improve emergency response; treat medical, fire, police routes.
- To accommodate commerce; treat commercial/industrial routes.
Filed for inclusion in PPD December 9, 2003.