Administrative Rules Adopted by Bureaus Pursuant to Rule Making Authority (ARB)
HOUSE MOVE PERMITS
Administrative Rule Adopted by Bureau of Transportation Engineering & Development Pursuant to Rule-Making Authority
The Office of Transportation, Street Systems Management (SSM) issues permits for the movement of houses and similar structures within the public right-of-way. City Code reference for this program is Title 17.48. Please reference this code section for details beyond those required for permit issuance.
II. Administrative Rule
1. The mover shall submit a completed Application to Move Building and Load Plan to SSM for review and distribution (see attachment 1). SSM reviews the application for accuracy and completeness. If there are any concerns or discrepancies SSM contacts the mover for clarification. An application is not processed until it is correctly submitted.
2. SSM forwards copies of the Application to Move and Load Plan to various agencies for review and determination of deposits. The mover will be advised by SSM of any route change, special conditions, and deposits required.
NOTE: A permit may not be issued until a response is received from: the SSM inspector, signals, arterials, and structures. All responses are to be returned within five business days.
3. If the site of the final destination of the building is in Portland City limits, SSM verifies the Date & Plan Check Number of the issued building permit. A move permit may not be issued until the building permit is issued. Exception: If the applicant intends to store the structure on industrial property the request will be forwarded to BDS Planning for BDS approval. BDS will review whether the destination site is zoned and is appropriate for structure storage. In this case no building permit at the destination site will be issued.
4. The Mover is required to have insurance on file with SSM.
5. Upon receipt of all approvals, SSM issues a permit and notifies the applicant the permit is ready to be picked up in the Development Services Center, 1900 SW Fourth Avenue, first floor.
6. The Bureau of Maintenance will determine how much of the deposit is to be refunded to the mover and is responsible for issuing the refund.
Filed for inclusion in PPD December 19, 2003.