Administrative Rule Adopted by Portland Bureau of Transportation Pursuant to Rule-Making Authority Portland City Code 16.40.970
- Recommendations for rule adoption and code revisions. At the recommendation of the PFHT Advisory Committee, the Director may adopt administrative rules pursuant to Chapter 16.40.970 and may provide to the Bureau Commissioner-in-Charge a recommendation to revise any sections here within Chapter 16.40.
Under the authority of 16.40.970, I am adopting Administrative Rule TRN-14. 39 - TNC Terms of Service; Notification Requirements. All TNC Companies are subject to the requirements outlined in this Administrative Rule.
- TNC Driver Terms of Service means the agreement with the TNC Company that outlines the terms and conditions by which the TNC Driver must agree to, in order to provide TNC services. This includes local addenda to the Terms of Service.
- Minimum Financial Compensation means the minimum per-minute, per-mile, or flat rate that a driver receives for providing transportation services dispatched through the TNC application. Minimum Financial Compensation shall not include surge pricing or other financial incentives or concessions.
- TNCs shall make Minimum Financial Compensation rates and TNC Driver Terms of Service available to drivers in a clear and transparent manner. Current Minimum Financial Compensation rates and TNC Driver Terms of Service shall be accessible by every permitted/certified driver, through the TNC application and must display:
- Current minimum rate of financial compensation per mile;
- Current minimum rate of financial compensation per minute; and
- Current minimum flat rate per ride when applicable
- When adjusting Minimum Financial Compensation, TNCs must inform the driver a minimum of 30 calendar days prior to the rate adjustment. The notification shall include:
- The current minimum rate and the new proposed minimum rate per mile;
- The current minimum rate and the new proposed minimum rate per minute.
- The current minimum flat rate and the new minimum flat rate per ride when applicable; and
- The effective date of the rate changes.
Adopted by Director of Bureau of Transportation December 1, 2022