Administrative Rule Adopted by Revenue Division Pursuant to Rule-Making Authority
A valid Payday Lender Permit as issued by the Revenue Bureau will be posted prominently at each location. The original permit will be posted. The permit will include payday lender permit number, business name, location address and permit expiration date. A Payday Lender permit is not transferable. Duplicate location permits will be issued only upon written request where the original permit has been damaged or is otherwise not useable. The cost of issuing a duplicate permit will be $100.00. Refunds will not be issued for payday lenders who close locations or cease business activity at any time prior to the permit expiration date.
In addition to the requirement to disclose to the borrower in a minimum of bold 12-point type the cancellation of Payday Loan, Payment Plan, and Payment of Principal prior to loan renewal conditions, Lender will prominently post two posters containing the following:
1. A Payday Lender Borrower’s Rights poster. Payday lender borrower rights will be printed on a poster size 8 ½ x 14 or larger. The title “PAYDAY LENDER BORROWER RIGHTS” will be a minimum of BOLD 36 font and the text will be a minimum 24 font. The poster will include the following subjects as stated in the Code:
a) Borrower’s right to cancel a payday loan
b) Borrower’s right to convert to a payment plan under conditions listed under PCC 7.26.070.
c) Borrower’s requirement to pay at least 25% of the principal of the original payday loan prior to loan renewal. The payday lender fee schedule will be printed on a poster size 8 ½ x 14 or larger. The title will be a minimum of 36 font and the text will be a minimum 24 font.
d) Borrower’s right to file a complaint
2. How to File a Complaint poster. The Payday loan borrower’s complaint process will be printed on a poster size 8 ½ x 14 or larger. The title “PAYDAY LOAN BORROWERS – HOW DO I FILE A COMPLAINT” will be a minimum of BOLD 36 font and the text will be a minimum 24 font. The poster will include the following text:
Payday Loan Borrowers – How do I file a complaint?
- Payday loan borrowers may file a complaint about a payday lender by calling or delivering in writing to the Revenue Bureau, Regulatory Section:
PO Box 8572
Portland OR 97207-8572
111 SW Columbia, Suite 600
Portland, OR 97201
- Payday lenders are required to investigate all complaints and report the resolution to the Bureau within two (2) business days of receipt of the complaint from the Bureau.
- The Revenue Bureau will review, investigate if necessary, and report the resolution to the complainant within five (5) business days.
To file a complaint: https://www.portlandoregon.gov/revenue/58391
Adopted by Director of Revenue Bureau as administrative rule #PL-1 on September 13, 2006.
Renumbered by Auditor's Office and filed for inclusion in PPD September 9, 2015.