LABOR AGREEMENT - AFSCME LOCAL 189-H - 2012-2015
Binding City Policy
Section 1. The Council finds:
1. Representatives of the City and AFSCME Local 189-H have signed a Tentative Agreement, Exhibit A attached, that outlines the terms and conditions of employment for certain represented employees working in the Portland Housing Bureau for the period of March 21, 2012 through June 30, 2015.
2. The agreement meets the City’s bargaining interests by securing a four-year initial labor agreement and agreeing to wage increases, health benefits, and other terms and conditions of employment.
3. The agreement meets the City’s bargaining interests by having general wage increases in the first, second, third, and fourth years of the agreement that will be tied to the Portland CPI-W.
4. The terms and conditions shall be reduced to a labor agreement that shall conform substantially in accordance with the Tentative Agreement attached as Exhibit A.
5. The Mayor, the Human Resources Director and the City Auditor shall be authorized to execute said labor agreement with approval by the assigned Deputy City Attorney.
NOW, THEREFORE, the Council directs:
a. The labor agreement between the City and AFSCME Local 189-H as set forth in the Tentative Agreement attached to this Ordinance as Exhibit A is ratified by this Council.
b. The Mayor, the Human Resources Director and the City Auditor are authorized to execute a labor agreement in a form substantially in accordance with Exhibit A, with approval by the assigned Deputy City Attorney.
c. The Mayor and the City Auditor are hereby authorized to pay for funds associated with the labor agreement as follows: tax increment financing 34%, Community Development Block Grant 28%, Other Federal Grants 15%, Housing Investment Fund 11%, Home Grant 7%, and General Fund 5%.
d. This ordinance is binding City policy.
Section 2. The Council declares that an emergency exists in order to avoid an unnecessary delay in the orderly implementation of the provisions of the labor agreement; therefore, this ordinance shall be in force and effect immediately upon its passage by the Council.
Emergency Ordinance No. 185224, passed by City Council and effective March 21, 2012.