LABOR AGREEMENT - LABORERS' LOCAL 483 - SEASONAL MAINTENANCE WORKERS - 2011-2014
Binding City Policy
Section 1. The Council finds:
1. Representatives of the City and Laborers' Local 483 have signed a Tentative Agreement that outlines the terms and conditions of employment for certain represented employees for the period of July 1, 2011 through June 30, 2014.
2. The agreement meets the City's bargaining interests by securing a three-year successor labor Agreement and agreeing to wage increases, health benefits changes, and other terms and conditions of employment.
3. The agreement meets the City's bargaining interests by improving the medical benefits plan for this bargaining unit and maintaining the formula for employee involvement in the cost of health benefits while limiting the premium cost increases to the bargaining unit and the City.
4. General wage increases will continue to be tied to the Portland CPI-W.
5. The terms and conditions shall be reduced to a labor agreement which the Mayor and Auditor should be authorized to execute.
NOW, THEREFORE, the Council directs:
a. The Mayor and Auditor are authorized to execute a labor agreement between the City and the Laborers' Local 483 relating to terms and conditions of employment of certain represented employees in the Seasonal Maintenance Worker bargaining unit.
b. Said contract to conform to the provisions in the Tentative Agreement attached to this Ordinance marked Exhibit "A" which by this reference is made a part hereof.
c. This ordinance is a binding City policy.
Section 2. The Council declares that an emergency exists because delay would unnecessarily delay the orderly implementation of the provisions of the labor agreement; therefore, this ordinance shall be in full force and effect from and after its passage by the Council.
Link to Exhibit A - Tentative Agreement (PDF Document, 469 kb)
Emergency Ordinance No. 184823, passed by City Council and effective August 17, 2011.